Today’s review will be on the Skullcandy Indy True Wireless In-Ear Earbuds. These affordable wireless earbuds have a cool design, are comfortable to wear, and are accessible in plenty of adorable colors.
What comes in the box
- Micro USB charging cord
- Extra ear tips in small and large size
- User manual
- Wireless earbuds with ear tips on
- Charging case
Design & Comfort of the Skullcandy Indy
Design-wise, these earbuds look similar to the Airpods by Apple because each earbud has a stem at the end of it. The extra set of ear tips that come in the box allow users to choose a size that is best for their ears to ensure a comfortable and snug fit.No need to worry about them slipping out.
The earbuds not only come with tips that go into the ear but also come with outer tips made of silicon to keep them fixed in the ear. They also help slightly with noise isolation. These removable outer tips can get lost and replacing them can be a headache.
These wireless earbuds are available in the following colors:
- Deep Red
- Indigo Olive
On the charging case, you see the Skullcandy logo as well as 3 lights to indicate the charge status of the case. It is solid, a bit bulky but still very travel-friendly.
The case is magnetic to keep the earbuds from sliding out and will give these wireless earbuds at least an additional 3 charges. The battery life on the buds is not bad either, you get up to 4 hours of playtime with a single charge.
The sound quality is pretty clear and quite decent with good highs and mids. Powerful bass, good for EDM music. The heavy bass can cause some fatigue though.
The mic quality is fine. Good for the quiet indoors, you will be heard quite clearly. Not so good while you are out and about with a lot of noise around you.
Listen to the microphone test done by Brian Unboxed here:
The Indy wireless earbuds possess the Bluetooth 5.0 technology for a strong and stable, long-range connection. Though some latency can be experienced while watching videos.
These earbuds have intuitive, touch-sensitive controls. One tap on the right earbuds increases the volume while one tap on the left decreases it, double-tap will pause your music, etc. Since they do not come with physical buttons, there isn’t a chance of you jamming them further into your ears in your attempts to use the buttons.
These earbuds feature an IP55 rating, ensuring that they can withstand rain and sweat as well as being dust-resistant.
They are quite noise-isolating. The wingtips on these wireless earbuds create a good seal in the ear to keep out quite a lot of noise to help you enjoy your music.
- Bluetooth wireless technology
- Removable stability ear gels for a secure fit. Sound Pressure Level – 95±3dB
- Up to 16 hours of total battery life
- Noise Reduction for Calls
- IP55 sweat, water, and dust resistant
- Call, track, volume, and activate Assistant via touch controls
- Microphone Feature
- iOS Phone Control
- Universal Phone Control
- Available in different colors.
Form Factor: In-Ear
IP Rating: IP55: Dust & Water Resistant
Noise Isolation: ✓
Secure Fit: Med: Removable Stability Gels
Total Battery Life: Up to 16 hours
The battery in Buds: Up to 4 hours
The battery in Case: Up to 12 hours
Weight: 0.37 ounces
Dimensions: 2.60 x 5.50 x 6.50 inches
Skullcandy is a popular Utah-based brand, known for its audio products. Its website is stocked with a massive amount of products ranging from headphones, wireless earbuds to even some neat accessories like cases and stuff.
Quality & Materials Used
The Skullcandy Indy True Wireless earbuds are decent quality. They come with a solid plastic charging case while the wireless earbuds are also made of plastic and have a semi-matte finish. The buds feel lightweight but also feel slightly flimsy. However, they can hold well for daily use.
At the time of this review, the Skullcandy Indy True Wireless earbuds are $49.98. You can check them out on Amazon by clicking here.
Pros & Cons of the Skullcandy Indy Listed
- The Skullcandy Indy True Wireless earbuds fit quite snugly into the ear and are pretty comfortable.
- The sound quality these provide is very clear and balanced.
- Super lightweight and sleek-looking.
- Available in multiple, highly appealing colors.
- They come with a price-tag that is not too hefty.
- Similar to the AirPods by Apple, the Indy True Wireless earbuds have user-friendly, touch-sensitive controls.
- The charging case is a little bulky but still fits right into the pocket easily.
- Also include the latest Bluetooth 5.0 technology.
- They come with extra tips for a better fit.
- You can control the volume straight from the earbuds without needing your phone.
- The volume on these isn’t high enough.
- Using the touch controls to adjust volume etc is quite hard while working out.
- No wireless charging.
- Taking the buds out of the case isn’t a smooth experience.
These Skullcandy Indy True Wireless earbuds are comfortable, offer a great fit, and can withstand rain and sweat and work well too. Although they have their flaws and are not the cheapest, they possess some positive traits and are still a bargain compared to the pricier truly wireless earbuds in the market.