The Sony WF-1000XM3 True Wireless Earbuds are top-quality Airpod alternatives that are not the cheapest out there but aren’t incredibly expensive either. Made to be used at work, while traveling or while you’re at home but not in the gym since these wireless earbuds are not water-resistant.
Design & Comfort
The Sony WF-1000XM3 True Wireless Earbuds have an incredibly modern and professional look to them. The black mixed with the Sony logo in copper gives a very high-end look. Definitely suitable for long hours of listening with little to no ear fatigue, these earbuds sit quite nicely into the ear with no danger of falling out.
Additionally, these earbuds come with multiple tips of different sizes so that you get the best, secure most comfortable fit. You can switch the tips to find your custom fit with ease so they don’t fall out when you’re working out.
The charging case has a very appealing look to it with a matte black exterior and an eye-catching copper lid. Feels really high-quality. Quite compact and portable, this charging case is fairly wider than the case for the Apple Airpods. However, it can get scratches on it. The Sony earbuds sit into the case quite snug because of a magnet inside that is meant to keep them fixed. Once you take them out of the case, they turn on automatically.
The sound quality that these wireless earbuds offer has excellent clarity and is very comparable to the Airpods by Apple. You get nice high, balanced mids, and a little more bass.
You can use the Sony app to adjust the sound. These earbuds also feature autopause which means that if you take out one of the earphones, the music will pause and put them back in and the music will resume. Each one is directly connected to your phone independently, offering a strong connection.
The company claims that just with one charge you can get a good 6 hours of playtime and you can extend that playtime by turning off the noise-cancellation. The charging case can give an additional three full charges and features a quick charge mode that will give you a good 90 minutes of charge with just 10 minutes of plugging them in, great for when you are on the go.
For what they are, these Sony WF-1000XM3 Earbuds deliver decent call quality and you’re heard clearly. The noise-canceling functions while you are on call to keep outside noise out. This way you can hear your calls better too. The call quality is nothing astronomical but good enough.
Digital Noise Cancellation
One of the best noise-canceling earbuds in the market, these Sony wireless earbuds already block quite a bit noise because of the nice seal they create when in the ear. You can still hear some surrounding noises with the music off but once your music starts the noise cancelation drowns the surrounding noises to let you enjoy your music uninterrupted.
Of course, there will be times when you will want to let in a bit of noise, like when you’re waiting for a flight or you are at the subway and you want to hear announcements. For this, you can use the Ambient Sound Mode by tapping on the left earbud, great to keep you aware of your surroundings. The noise-canceling in these is not comparable to the Sony over-ear headset but it still works well enough.
Each earbud includes touchpads for control. However, you can’t control the volume from the earbuds. You can tap the right earbud once to play or pause a track, tap twice to move to the next track, tap thrice for the previous track. These touch controls can also be used to answer your calls as well as canceling calls. To access voice assistance, you have to tap the right earbud and hold.
A standout feature that these wireless earbuds offer is that you can use the Sony Headphone Connect app for Android or iOS to adjust and control your noise-cancellation and sound status.
The Sony WF-1000XM3 True Wireless Earbuds feature the latest Bluetooth 5.0 technology for stable connectivity. This allows you to utilize one earbud too for your calls and to enjoy your music.
- Digital noise canceling.
- Built-in mic for calls.
- 24bit Audio signal processing for improved sound quality.
- Battery life up to 24 hours with carrying case (with 10min quick charge for 90min of playtime).
- Uninterrupted L/R simultaneous Bluetooth transmission.
- Alexa enabled for voice access to music, information, and more.
- Adaptive sound control.
- Quick attention mode.
- Wearing Detection.
- Sony, headphones connect app for Android/iOS.
- Comes in black and silver.
- Fit Type: Over-Ear
- Dimensions: 5.60 x 4.72 x 2.50 inches
- Weight: 3.53 ounces
- Notable Features: Noise Cancellation
- Batteries: 1 Lithium Polymer Battery (included)
- Connections: Bluetooth, NFC
- Model Name: WF-1000XM3/B
What it comes with :
- Charging Case.
- USB Type-C Cable.
- Wireless Earbuds with earbud tips attached.
- Six added earbud tips in different sizes.
- Sound quality is exceptionally high.
- Offer strong and effortless connectivity.
- The noise-canceling in these earbuds performs quite well and is really effective.
- These come with a charging case that is not too bulky and very portable.
- The earbuds feel of quite superior quality, durable, and overall very well-made.
- They have a very cool look to them, quite lightweight and don’t protrude out like some of the other alternatives.
- Include different size types to ensure a snug fit.
- Feature-rich with decent battery life.
- The Sony WF-1000XM3 True Wireless earbuds are neither sweat-proof nor water-resistant. This is a major con that cannot be overlooked.
- The case that they come with lacks wireless charging.
- These earbuds lack volume controls on them.
TheSony WF-1000XM3 True Wireless Earbuds are crammed with some awesome high-tech features for wonderful user experience at a competitive price. This makes them easily compete with the Apple AirPods, especially because of the noise cancellation feature. This makes them definitely worth a purchase but I’m deducting 1.5 points for the lack of water/sweat-resistance and no built-in volume controls on the wireless earbuds themselves.