The Creative Outlier Air true wireless earbuds have an ergonomic design for comfort, are IPX5 certified, and are equipped with Bluetooth 5.0 technology.
What comes in the box
- Creative Outlier Air True Wireless Earbuds
- Charging case
- USB Type C-to-A charging cable
- 1 pair of (S) ear tips, 1 pair of (M) ear tips
- User manual & Leaflets
Design & Comfort
The Creative Outlier Air true wireless earbuds have been designed to stay firmly and quite snug in your ears and not slip out, even during running. And, for a more customized fit, there are additional 2 pairs of ear tips of different sizes available in the box. These wireless earbuds also do not stick out too much when worn which is good and each bud has a ring on it that lights up.
The charging case on the other hand is very slim and has to be pushed from one side to slide open and reveal the earbuds sitting inside. Looks-wise, the charging case is very nice and has a metallic finish with the Creative logo on top but the sliding feature takes away from the attractive exterior of the case as it is not the most user-friendly mechanism and makes the case feel very clunky. You can simply throw the case inside your pocket and carry it anywhere with you because of how compact it is.
The Creative Outlier Air true wireless earbuds are available in black and gold.
The charging case features a charging port as well as LED lights on the side to show charge levels.
The wireless earbuds offer 10 hours of playtime just by a single charge, while the charging case can provide the buds with 2 additional charges, making the total battery life up to 30 hours.
The Creative Outlier Air true wireless earbuds feature a 5.6mm graphene driver and produce awesome sound quality with very punchy bass and highly clear vocals. You do not get any distortion and the ear tips provide a nice seal to keep out the noise from around you.
Both the Creative Outlier Air earbuds come with built-in mics for making phone calls. The mic quality is amazingly clear and provides splendid call quality. Despite these buds picking up some background noise, you can still be heard very clearly by the other caller.
The Creative Outlier Air true wireless earbuds possess Bluetooth 5.0 connection so you get a strong connection and almost no dropouts.
These earbuds also work in mono mode which is great.
You do not get touch-sensitive controls with these wireless earbuds. They come with physical buttons that you will have to push with some force to use. However, with buttons, you do not have the problem of accidental taps as you do with touch controls.
You have to press the left bud once to play or pause music, press either bud once to answer a phone call, press the left bud twice to go to the previous track, press and hold the left bud to decrease volume, and press and hold the right bud to increase volume. This may take some time to get the hang of.
The Creative Outlier Air earbuds are IPX5 certified. So no worries about these buds getting damaged by sweating while working out at the gym or rain. Though they might not handle being fully submerged.
ANC (Active Noise Canceling Technology)
These wireless earbuds lack Active Noise Cancelling Technology. However, you do get really good passive noise cancelation for a better music listening experience.
- Weight: Earbuds: 10g (0.35 oz) / Charging Case: 54g (1.9 oz)
- Interface: USB Type-C (Charging) / Bluetooth 5.0
- Driver: 5.6 mm Graphene Driver
- Audio Codec: aptX, AAC, SBC
- Water Resistance: IPX5 Certified
- Dimensions: 3.15 x 1.14 x 3.86 inches
- Color: Black
Here is JimsReviewRoom‘s video review on the Creative Outlier Air earbuds.
Creative is a well-known company and it was founded in Singapore in 1981. This brand is famous for its Sound Blaster sound cards but their Amazon store carries an abundance of other very affordable products too. These products range from computer speakers, portable wireless speakers, wireless and wired headphones to keyboards, and even some gaming products.
Quality & Materials Used
The Creative Outlier Air true wireless earbuds are made of plastic and they are lightweight. The smooth looks make these buds look like an expensive pair. The charging case, however, is aluminium and feels very nice and high-end even though most earbud charging cases are manufactured with plastic.
At the time of this review, the Creative Outlier Air True Wireless Earbuds are priced at $49.89.
Pros & Cons
- The Creative Outlier Air true wireless earbuds are IPX5 water-resistant which means they are sweat-proof.
- These wireless earbuds can function independently of each other.
- The charging case is travel-friendly and its design looks very sleek and stylish.
- The earbuds are lightweight and have an ergonomic design for ample comfort when in the ear.
- Available at the amazingly low price of $49.89.
- These earbuds are fast charging and you get adequate battery life with these earbuds as well as fantastic noise-isolation.
- The great sound quality they provide makes these earbuds great value for their price.
- Button controls are a hassle as they are really tough to press and can push the buds deep into your ears and cause discomfort.
- The opening and closing mechanism of the charging case feels very outdated and frustrating to use.
Like any other affordable pair of wireless earbuds, the Creative Outlier Air true wireless earbuds have their flaws but, they also have certain strong points like their impressive battery life, great sound quality, and affordable price that makes these wireless earbuds worth a shot.