The TaoTronics SoundLiberty 94 True Wireless Earbuds are furnished with hassle-free touch controls, the latest Bluetooth 5.1, and are IPX5 rated.
Let’s jump into our review of these earbuds.
What comes in the box
- TaoTronics SoundLiberty 94 ANC True Wireless Earbuds
- 6 Ear Tips (two are attached to the earbuds)
- USB-C Charging Cable
- User Manual
- Quick Start Guide
Design & Comfort
The TaoTronics SoundLiberty 94 earbuds have a smooth and clean design. Both earbuds feature touch-sensitive controls and as well as LED lights. The earbuds are not too bulky which is good. Extra ear tips are also included in the box to give you an accurate fit. They feel quite stable in the ears and do not poke out and become too obvious. They do not slip out when used during workouts and you can wear these for a while before they start to feel uncomfortable.
The charging case has a mediocre design. It is pill-shaped and features the TaoTronics branding on the top while a bar of LED lights is located at the front of the case to indicate charge status.
You get a 360mAh portable charging case with these earbuds. It takes about 2 hours to charge the case fully. The charging case also features a USB-C charging port.
With respect to battery life, with the Active Noise Cancellation off these earbuds provide 8 hours of listening time while with the ANC on you will get 5 hours and the portable charging case, on the other hand, will increase it to 32 hours.
These earbuds feature a 9.2mm driver. The sound quality is quite versatile as well as crisp and the volume is adequate. There is a lot of clarity and the bass is super nice.
These buds are basically supplied with a total of 4 microphones. These are meant to eliminate surrounding noises for call clarity and a better music listening experience. The microphone quality is nice and people on both sides can hear each other properly. Though, in a noisy situation, these will pick up some noise and make it hard for you to be heard.
The TaoTronics SoundLiberty 94 earbuds boast the latest Bluetooth 5.1 technology to provide a reliable and strong connection. The connectivity range is 15m/50ft and the latency is minimum when you watch videos using these.
Pairing these wireless earbuds is a breeze. Removing them from their charging case will make them enter pairing mode. These earbuds can also function in mono mode.
These wireless earbuds have touch surfaces on both buds instead of button controls. They control all the different functions of these earbuds.
- To turn the Active Noise Canceling on or off just type the left earbud for 2 seconds.
- Tap the left earbud twice to turn the Ambient mode on or off.
- To increase volume, tap the right earbud.
- Tap the left earbud to decrease volume.
- Two taps on the right earbud to pause a track and three taps to skip.
- Three taps on the left earbud for the previous track.
- To activate Voice Assistant, tap and hold the right earbud.
The SoundLiberty 94 earbuds are IPX5 water-resistant. This is why you do not have to worry about these giving up on you in case they come into contact with moisture. A little rain or sweat won’t ruin these but we suggest you do not submerge these in water.
ANC ( Active Noise Canceling Technology )
These wireless earbuds feature Active Noise Canceling mode and can eliminate up to 35dB of ambient noise. Conveniently enough, these earbuds also have a feature called Ambient Mode to let in ambient noise. This is good for safety and keeping an ear out for announcements, etc when you are traveling or out and about in general.
- Hybrid Active Noise Cancelling
- 4 Microphones
- Ambient Mode
- Single/Twin Modes
- USB-C Type Charging Cable.
- Earbud Playtime: 5 Hours.
- Playtime with Charging Case: 32 Hours.
- Audio Codec: SBC, AAC.
- IPX5 water-resistant.
- Bluetooth 5.1
- Range: up to 15m/50ft
Watch Brian Unboxed‘s video review of the TaoTronics SoundLiberty 94 earbuds.
TaoTronics is not entirely an unfamiliar name in the world of audio products. TaoTronics claims that they “ strive to develop, innovate, and focus on utilizing the latest technology into easy-to-use devices.”
They carry quite a vast variety of products on their Amazon store. These include ANC wireless headphones, true wireless earbuds, desk lamps, air purifiers, space heaters, humidifiers, etc.
Quality & Materials Used
The SoundLiberty 94 earbuds are manufactured with solid plastic and so is their portable charging case. These are not high-end quality obviously but, their build quality is pretty good for the price. Definitely not cheap feeling.
At the time of this review, the TaoTronics SoundLiberty 94 True Wireless Earbuds are priced at $49.99.
Pros & Cons
- The TaoTronics SoundLiberty 94 ANC True Wireless Earbuds feature simple touch controls.
- They feature the latest Bluetooth 5. 1 technology and are quick pairing.
- These earbuds are available at quite a reasonable price and their sound quality does not disappoint.
- You get two different modes with these earbuds. Active Noise Canceling Mode and Ambient Mode.
- The charging case features a USB-C port.
- The SoundLiberty 94 earbuds have an IPX5 water-resistant rating and also feature volume control.
- The TaoTronics SoundLiberty 94 earbuds do not feature wireless charging.
- The charging cable that comes with the case is very short in length.
- Battery life is unexceptional.
- The Led lights on both the buds flash while the buds are in use.
- The earbuds are a bit hard to grip because of the smooth finish and they often slip and fall out of the hands.
Generally speaking, the TaoTronics SoundLiberty 94 true wireless earbuds are good for the price. The sound quality is good, the battery life isn’t impressive but they do come with touch controls and the build quality is also not disappointing.
Read our most recent reviews.
COUMI ANC-860 True Wireless Earbuds Review
Kissral Bluetooth 5.0 True Wireless Earbuds Review
Boltune BT-BH021 Wireless Earbuds Review