The Vankyo X180 True Wireless Earbuds come with an awesome IPX8 waterproof rating along with Bluetooth 5.0 and touch controls that are hassle-free to operate. Let’s dive further into all the specs these earbuds feature.
What comes in the box
- Vankyo X180 True Wireless Earbuds
- USB Type C cable
- Charging case
- Multiple different sized ear tips
- Instruction Manual
Design & Comfort
The Vankyo X180 True Wireless Earbuds feature ear tips in 3 sizes to ensure that you choose a pair that fits you flawlessly and comfortably. These buds are great for use during workouts as they do not move once they are in the ear.
These earbuds are lightweight and only weigh 0.2 oz each which makes them comfortable for prolonged use. Both earbuds feature LED lights on them. When the earbuds are charging, the blue LED lights on them will start to blink, and once fully charged, these lights will turn off.
The charging case is perfectly sized, making it easy to keep it with you when you are on-the-go. About the overall design of the charging case, it is quite plain but very clean and sleek. The exterior is a glossy black finish with the Vankyo branding on the lid of the charging case and the earbud design is also quite stylish.
The charging case of the Vankyo X180 earbuds consists of 2 LED lights on the front. These Led lights are there to signal the power status.
These buds will need about 1.5 hours to fully charge. Just the wireless earbuds allow 6 hours of playtime and the charging case adds another 24 hours which takes the total battery life to about 30 hours. You get a total of 4 extra charges from the charging case.
The Vankyo X180 earbuds have adequately good sound quality with rich bass and good enough highs. The max volume isn’t too high which makes it good for those who do not enjoy the volume too loud. Also, these earbuds feature good passive noise-isolation which helps with the sound quality.
Although you can use these wireless earbuds to make phone calls, the mic quality isn’t great. Voice calls are not clear and sound muffled. Best to not use these for important calls as you won’t be heard easily.
The Vankyo X180 True Wireless Earbuds feature the latest Bluetooth 5.0 technology for stable connectivity. The connectivity range is about 50 feet and pairing these is simple and quick.
Besides using both earbuds together, you have the option of using them in mono mode. This gives you the chance to be safe while driving so that you are aware of your surroundings.
These earbuds are equipped with smart touch controls that are pretty straightforward.
- One tap on either one of the buds to play/pause music.
- Two taps to move to the next or previous track.
- Press and hold to adjust the volume.
The X180 wireless buds are IPX8 rated. They are ideal for sports and exercise as they can handle sweat. And, if you get stuck in the rain, no worries as they can handle getting a little wet. It is mentioned on Vankyo’s Amazon page to not swim with these on.
ANC ( Active Noise Canceling Technology)
The snug of these earbuds provides nice passive noise-isolation but the Active Noise Canceling Technology is not present in these wireless earbuds.
- IPX8 water-resistant
- Up to 30 hours of playtime
- Audio Codec: AVRCP/HFP/HSP/A2DP
- USB Type C charge port.
- Bluetooth 5.0 chipset
Watch Cruisn Canada‘s review of the Vankyo X180 True Wireless Earbuds.
Vankyo’s brand credibility has remained unchanged since our review of their X200 True Wireless Earbuds:
Vankyo as a brand isn’t really known for making audio products. Currently, they only seem to have the X200 true wireless earbuds on their website. For the most part, this brand carries some other affordable products like projectors, their accessories, and some tablets.
Quality & Materials Used
The Vankyo X180 True Wireless Earbuds are made of plastic and so is their charging case. The buds are well-built and of good quality. The charging case is a convenient size and feels decent, except for the flimsy lid.
At the time of this review, The Vankyo X180 True Wireless Earbuds are priced at $42.98.
Pros & Cons
- The Vankyo X180 True Wireless Earbuds are economically-priced.
- They feature Bluetooth 5.0 and an IPX8 waterproof rating.
- Another good feature is the user-oriented touch controls on these earbuds.
- Super compact and portable charging case.
- You get a fair amount of battery life and the earbuds also provide noise-isolation.
- The fit of these earbuds is quite secure.
- The charging case is fast-charging and also features LED lights to show power status.
- The fact that you can adjust the volume with these earbuds is also quite convenient.
- The sound quality of the earbuds is satisfactory for the price.
- The Vankyo X180 True Wireless Earbuds are not the best for voice calls.
- They also do not have Active Noise Cancelling Technology.
- The touch surfaces on the Vankyo X180 Earbuds can get triggered by touching the earbuds to adjust them or when the earbuds come into contact with water.
- The charging case has a flimsy lid.
For their battery life and an IPX8 waterproof rating, the Vankyo X180 True Wireless Earbuds are definitely not a disappointment and worth a try. Not to mention, the sound quality also does not disappoint.
Read our most recent reviews.
Boltune BT-BH021 Wireless Earbuds Review
Purity True Wireless Earbuds Review
AUKEY EP-T25 True Wireless Earbuds Review
Urbanista Stockholm True Wireless Earbuds Review
TOZO NC9 Hybrid Active Noise Cancelling Wireless Earbuds Review